Piping imposes loads on equipment nozzles. These loads may exceed the allowable given by the manufacturer or codes such as API 610.The following guidelines may be helpful in reducing these piping loads on nozzles connected to equipment.
1. If the dead loads exceed the allowable,
- Ensure the piping system is adequately supported
- Remove unneeded supports, they may be the cause of the problem.
2. If the thermal loads exceed the allowable,
- Check the design and operating temperatures.
- Consult the process engineer to obtain correct or reasonable values for different operating conditions.
3. Try modifying the piping support system and layout
- Add expansion loops if apt
- Use expansion joints or other flexible joints
- Consider spring mounted pumps
- Modify the layout of piping by rerouting
- Use guides or anchors at strategic locations
- Use reinforcing pads on vessel nozzles
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe