1. Name seven places of safety equipment that a fabricator will use?
|Goggles, cutting googles||Eye protection|
|Ear plugs||Ear protection|
|Grinding Shield||Face protection|
|Leather gloves||Hand protection|
|Fire proof coveralls||Body protection|
|Safety shoes||Leg protection|
2. How should oxygen & acetylene cylinders be stored when in use?
Secured with a cap and chain
Upright position on a trolley
3. What is flashback?
The falme travels backup into the blowpipe body, (retrogression) and up into the hose with the possible risk of explosion.
Related Courses in Engineering Design
4. Name six preventive actions that a fabricator can take to prevent falshback occuring?
- Ensure all hose connections are tight.
- Ensure cyilnder valves are open and blow pipe valves are closed
- Set regulators to correct pressure (< 15 psi)
- Purge each hose separately prior to commencement of work
- Close each gas valve after work is complete
- Ensure flashback arrestors are fited with cutting torch and regulators.
5. What standard piece of safety equipment ust be close by adjacent to the work area?
6. What must always be fitted to a grinder?
7. What must you wear while using gas cutting equipment?
Long sleeve leather hand gloves, cutting googles (with UV protection), coverall, safety shoe.
8. What must you do when you hear an alert sound/alarm?
- Turn off all plants
- Stop work immediately
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe