- Piping engineers look after execution phase of the project or to be concise he takes charge on construction phase of the project.
- Assisting construction team in reading drawings, locating the exact point of installation, supply and monitoring inventory.
- Troubleshooting field raised issues and providing immediate solution to the execution team.
- Monitoring the entire execution phase to make sure that the piping arrangements are exactly fabricated and installed as given in the drawings.
- Verify the requirements of vent and drain more than specified in the drawings to facilitate the hydro testing and any other testing on demand from unit.
- Ensure that safety measures are considered during construction and permits are granted after safety inspection.
Related Courses in Engineering Design
- Co-ordinate with operation and maintenance team to ensure that the unit requirements are met during construction.
- Review drawings and study the site condition in prior to the construction phase to mobilize the equipment, tools and man powers as necessary as required.
- Follow up with quality inspection team to examine that the weld joints are tested for its integrity.
- Examining hydro testing process and approve the piping after completion of testing.
- Driving the construction team to complete the job on time as planned by facilitating the need of the contractors.
- Prepare documentation about the summary of the project, safety issues, lesson learnt, & material balance inventory report.
- Coordinating with operation team during the commissioning of the project.
- Involve in HAZOP and HAZID studies with team of mechanical and process engineers.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe