- Piping design engineers involvement starts right from feasibility and then to conceptual and then to detail engineering where the output comes in terms of drawings.
- Study the process requirements & site condition to design and plan the mechanical system that can support the process operations work.
- Plan and prepare layout to analyze the space requirement, road access, maintenance space, location of equipment, and requirement of pipe rack
- Co-ordinate with electrical, instrumentation, process team, civil structural team to understand the elevation & structural requirements.
- Inform civil structural team about pipe racks, platforms, and structural requirement’s.
- Prepare piping layouts, isometrics and perform stess analysis as required.
- Selection of components such as valves, fittings, insulation, painting, welding specification, testing requirements to produce an economical design.
Related Courses in Engineering Design
- Prepare datasheet for valves, special type fittings & strainers, moreover co-ordinate with vendor to make sure that the right product is delivered at your home.
- Prepare specification for vendor quote and perform TBE (technical bid evaluation) at times.
- Review and ensure that the design is complaince with the international codes & standards, local country codes & client specifications.
- Prepare the material list depicting all the materials, sizes, specfication, special requirements, testing requirements to meet the design. This document shall be used as an input for a procurement team.
- Review the documents & drawings of vendor supplied eqiupment’s, valves and skids to verify the piping requirements are meet.
- Perform site inspection at vendor manufacturing unit to qualify a vendor to check that he can supply the bulk requirement on demand.
- Cross verify the stress report with supports mentioned in the drawings to avoid design flaws.
- Assisting project engineering team for last minute modification requirement during construction.
- Prepare as-bulit drawings after completion of construction and documents as necessary.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe