1. What do you mean by following type of welding?
A. SMAW B. TIG
A. SMAW :- Shielded Metal Arc Welding.
B. TIG :- Tungsten Inert Gas Welding.
2. Mention the contents of TIG welding set?
A. Torch : Consist of hose for argon gas / welding lead / ceramic nozzle / collet / tungsten rod as cathode to create arc.
B. Regulator with pressure gauge (HP & LP) & flow meter.
C. Argon cylinder – Gr.2 / Gr.1 depending upon requirements of the job.
D. Transformer / rectifier.
E. Filler wire
3. While welding of pipe trunion to pipe / reinforcement pad you have to put a hole or leave some portion of welding why?
For venting of hot gas which may get generated due to welding.
4. What is the thumb rule to calculate current required for Welding?
Current (Amp) = [Diameter of Electrode (mm) X 40]20
5. What is the minimum thickness of cs pipe that requires stress relieving to be done as per B31.3?
19.05 mm thk.
Related Courses in Engineering Design
6. Which is the electrode & filler wire used for welding of following materials?
A. Alloy steel
I. ASTM A335PI
II. ASTM A335P2
III. ASTM A335P11
IV. ASTM A335P5
V. ASTM A335P9
B. Stainless steel
I. ASTM A312TP304
II. ASTM A312TP304L
III. ASTM A312TP304H
IV. ASTM A312TP308
V. ASTM A312TP310
VI. ASTM A312TP316
VII. ASTM A312TP316L
VIII. ASTM A312TP316H
IX. ASTM A312TP321
X. ASTM A312TP321H
Covered electrode bare electrode
I. ASTM A335PI E7018 E70 S- 1B
II. ASTM A335P2 E8018 – B1 —
III. ASTM A335P11 E8018 – B2 ER515
IV. ASTM A335P5 E502 ER502
V. ASTM A335P9 E505 ER505
I. ASTM A312TP304 E308 ER308
II. ASTM A312TP304L E308L ER308L
III. ASTM A312TP304H E16- 6-2 ER16-8-2
IV. ASTM A312TP308 E309 ER309
V. ASTM A312TP310 E310 ER310
VI. ASTM A312TP316 E316 ER316
VII. ASTM A312TP316L E316L ER316L
VIII. ASTM A312TP316H E16- 8-2 ER16-18- 2
IX. ASTM A312TP321 E347 ER347
X. ASTM A312TP321H E16- 6-2 ER16-8-2
7. What is mean by ‘PWHT’? Why it is required?
“POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT” This is done to remove residual stress left in the joint which may cause brittle fracture.
8. Why pre- heating is done on some pipe before starting welding?
To slow down the cooling rate.
9. Why post-heating is done on some pipe after the welding is over?
To maintain uniform homogeneous structure.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe