This tip will give you a guideline for locating the supports in your piping system
- Locate dead weight supports using recommended spacing from the code (B31 etc.).
- Consider existing support points.
- Decrease span by half off equipment.
- Decrease span for concentrated loads.
- Support concentrated loads.
- Support offset loads.
- Decrease span for extra lagging or insulation.
- Locate supports at changes in direction (no overhung corners, top or bottom of risers).
- Select type (rigid, spring, or constant support) based on thermal expansion analysis.
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe