Piping is governed by the following codes:
- ASME B31.1 for power plant piping.
- ASME B31.3 for chemical process plant piping.
- ASME B31.4 for oil pipelines.
- ASME B31.5 for refrigeration piping.
- ASME B31.8 for gas pipelines.
- ASME B31.9 for gas, steam and water piping.
- ASME B31.11 for for slurry transportation piping.
- AWWA for water works piping.
- NFPA-13 and -24 for fire protection systems.
- Each code has different set of rules & allowable limits.
- Use of appropriate code for safe & economic design.
- Wrong selection of the code can cost the project several extra million riyals.
Related Courses in Engineering Design
- Set forth minimum mandatory requirements for design, material, fabrication, erection, test and inspection of the piping system.
- The ASME develops codes for pressure piping.
- The first edition of code for pressure piping was published in 1935 under the ANSI committee which later changed to ASME.
- Contain design and construction rules for piping components.
- Compliance to standards is the owner’s prerogative.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe