15. What are drum internals?
Demister pads, baffles, vortex breakers, distribution piping.
16. What are drum elevation requirements?
NPSH, minimum clearance, common platforming, maintenance, operator access.
17. What are drum supports?
Skirt for large drums, legs, lugs, saddles for horizontal drums.
18. What are necessary nozzles for non-pressure vessel?
Inlet, outlet, vent, manhole, drain, overflow, agitator, temperature element, level instrument, and steam out connection.
19. What are necessary nozzles for pressure vessel?
Inlet, outlet, manhole, drain, pressure relief, agitator, level gauge, pressure gauge, temperature element, vent and for steam out.
Most Searched Courses in Engineering Design
20. What is preferred location for level instrument nozzles?
Away from the turbulence at the liquid outlet nozzle, although the vessel is provided with a vortex breaker, instrument should be set in the quiet zone of the vessel for example on the opposite side of the weir or baffle or near the vapor outlet end.
21. What is preferred location for process nozzles on drum?
Minimum from the tangent line.
22. What is preferred location for steam out nozzle on drum?
At the end opposite to the maintenance access.
23. What is preferred location for vent?
At the top section of drum at the end opposite the steam out connection.
24. What is preferred location for pressure instrument nozzle on drum?
Must be anywhere in the vapor space, preferable at the top section of drum.
25. What is preferred location for temperature instrument?
Must be in liquid space, preferably on the bottom section of drum.
26.What is preferred location for drain?
Must be located at the bottom section of drum.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe