Piping engineering is not as simple as it sounds to be, so do pipe routing. Certain rules and logics to be considered for routing pipes in process plant or in other wise we can say industriall piping is different from other commerical piping system.
Here is the list of parameters to meet the minimum design requirement.
- Simple routing
- Minimize fitting
- Routing to ease space for support
- Provision for high vent and low drain points
- Avoid downward loop
- Minimize unnecessary piping loops
- Head room clearance, bridge crossing clearance, road crossing clearance to be maintained
Related Courses in Engineering Design
- Avoid taking bend in horizontal plane in rack
- Consider the provision for expansion loops
- Minimum gap between pipe to pipe
- Consider valve operation and maintenance space
- Provision for future piping
- Clash free routing while compiling with other discipline such as cable tray, instrument trays
In addition to the above mentioned requirements, there are some more requirements specific to the application to be considered.
Top Courses in Engineering Design
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe