This stress analysis criteria establishes the procedure, lists critical lines and piping stress/design liaison flow sheet to be followed.
Lines to be analyzed:
- all lines attached to pumps, compressors, turbines and other rotating equipment
- all lines attached to reciprocating compressors
- all pressure relief valve piping
- all category m piping
- all lines on racks (with discretion)
- all lines which the piping designer is uncomfortable with
- all vacuum lines
- all jacketed piping
- all tie-ins to existing piping
- all non metallic piping
- all steam out, decoking and regeneration lines
- all lines 16” and larger
- all lines 6” and larger over 500 F
- all lines over 750 F
- all lines specifically requested by the stress department.
- all lines specifically requested by the client.
The above list is actually very conservative and discretion is required in applying these rules to ensure economical approach to piping analysis.
Oilandgasclub.com is an international oil and gas (online & offline) conference technical training org from India. Oilandgasclub.com 3000+ professionals trained 150,000 hours of classes delivered 500+ expert trainers available and 3600+ respondents 30+ countries 80+ team. Blogs about technical tips at this blog. Contact or more about customized technical training from this page
70+ courses 7 venues 5 categories
OILANDGASCLUB.COM HAS PUBLISHED 150+ ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG Subscribe